Who is a STEP Coach?
An expert English Trainer will be assigned to your child as his/her very own English Coach! You will be able to schedule video calls with STEP Coaches at your (and your child's) convenience as per the available slots, and during each call, various aspects of Spoken English would be covered, helping your child develop hone his/her speaking skills in English.
What is a Video Coach Call?
A Video Coach Call will have a STEP Coach and 1 to 4 learners. We have divided the program into 4 groups - Group 1 (Class 3 and 4), Group 2 (Class 5 and 6), Group 3 (Class 7 and 8) and Group 4 (Class 9 and 10). Each Call will be 20-40 minutes long (depending on the number of children on the call), and we currently have 1-3 slots per group, per week, filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
You would be expected to book a slot for your child at least 1 week in advance (up to 4 weeks into the future).
The planned slots are as follows:
|Group 1||3 and 4||Monday, Wednesday and Friday||6 pm to 7 pm|
|Group 2||5 and 6||Monday, Wednesday and Friday||4 pm to 5 pm|
|Group 3||7 and 8||Monday, Wednesday and Thursday||6 pm to 7 pm|
|Group 4||9 and 10||Tuesday||6 pm to 7 pm|
How would your child learn?
Each Video Coach Call will have the following elements:
1) Discussion: To develop skills needed for discussions/conversations such as voicing one's opinions, responding to other opinions, etc.
2) Speaking Activity: To develop speaking skills through a variety of focused activities such as debates, role-plays, mini- presentations, visually stimulated games, etc.
3) Error Correction: Instantaneous feedback and error correction, which will be personalised for each child
4) Input session: Will focus on useful tips and techniques on how to improve their speaking skills, vocabulary, grammar and other aspects of language.
5) Follow-up: Each call will have a speaking assignment or worksheet activity for the learner to do after the call, to consolidate learning.
Why is this course special?
Children enrolled in this course will not only get access to useful tips and techniques to improve their speaking skills, but will also receive tailor-made input, based on their individual strengths and weaknesses, to help them develop their vocabulary, grammar and other aspects of language. In short, your child will have his/her very own personal English Coach!
What outcomes can you expect at the end of the course?
You can expect your child to show considerable improvement in the following aspects of Spoken English